Updated: Aug 13, 2021
If you struggle with self-care, I have compiled a list below as an easy go to for you!
- Journaling. Journaling your thoughts and feelings is a great way to release them. Whether you are struggling with some fears, anxiety, or any other emotions like anger. Now you may wonder, where do I begin? I like to start with "I feel" statements, so "I feel _____ because _____". Usually that will get the ball rolling, but don't think too much about it, just keep writing and stuff will come up! You can even write, "I am not sure why I feel this way?" "Maybe its because ____". And keep going to get to the root of it.
- Doing things that you LOVE and that brings you JOY. Even the small things, like your favorite cup of coffee. You can even make a list of the little things that bring you joy and try to do at least one thing per day for yourself.
- Meditation. A beautiful way to start the day! Visualization meditations are great if you struggle with meditation, you can find them on you tube. A simple one I do every morning is visualize a white loving, healing light coming through the top of my head and filling my whole body and picture it flowing down to my feet and into the ground.
- Epsom salt baths. If you are an HSP, you probably LOVE water, it is so calming for our nervous systems. Epsom salt also has amazing healing properties, I always feel so much lighter afterward, I highly recommend!
- Reciting beautiful affirmations to yourself like "I love and accept myself".
- Going for a massage, acupuncture, chiropractic session.
- Distancing yourself from toxic people is also an act of self love/self care.
- Exercise (that you enjoy doing).
- Connecting with a friend or family member, even when you don't feel like it! (Especially if you have been finding that you have been isolating yourself).
- And of course seeing a therapist for your mental and emotional well being. You can sign up for a free 15 minute phone consultation on my home page under “contact us“ or call 780-236-3313.